Physical therapists (PTs) are experts in the art and science of the evaluation and treatment of human movement dysfunctions. We care for people of all ages and treat a variety of muscle, joint and neurological conditions.
Conditions we have successfully treated:
- Joint Pain
- Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Knee Arthritis
- Hip Arthritis
- Shoulder Arthritis
- Hand Arthritis
What are my treatment options?
- Epidural Injections
- Physical Therapy*
Advantages of Physical Therapy:
- No side effects.
- Supported by clinical research*.
- Customized to treat the underlying cause.
Your Recovery Process:
- Recovery of Joint Motion
- Recovery of Strength
- Pain Relief
- Improved Function
- Independent Care
Components of Your Care:
- A thorough biomechanical evaluation.
- Extensive patient education.
- A customized treatment plan.
- Effective joint mobilization techniques to decrease joint stiffness.
- Pain-relieving modalities such as ice, heat, ultrasound or electrical stimulation.
- Targeted stretching for tight muscles.
- Progressive strength training.
- Balance and functional re-education.
Everyone is different. You may require one or two visits, or an extended care plan over several weeks or months. If you’re ready for relief, and tired of “masking” your pain, treat the cause, not just the symptoms!
* Physical therapy techniques are recommended for arthritis of the knee, hip, shoulder, and hand. Physical Therapy 2005 85: 907-971; Physical Therapy 2004 84: 934-972.
Millions of Americans are adversely impacted by back pain each year. Studies show that, at one point or another, approximately 80% of the U.S. population will be affected.
While there are a lot of treatment options available, many of these only address the symptoms and don’t target the actual cause of your pain or handle it for the long term.
The three main causes of low back pain and sciatica are:
- Herniated Discs
- Pelvis issues
Without identifying the correct cause of your pain there is no way to develop the proper treatment plan.
Our physical therapists will find the actual cause of your back pain. The goal of effectively resolving your low back pain or sciatica includes…
- Identify the true cause
- Create a unique plan for your specific condition
- Relieve your pain
- Restore your normal motion, flexibility, mobility
- Strengthen the supporting muscle
- Return to your normal activities
Here at The Traveling Physical Therapist our specialty is Back and Neck Pain. Our therapists are very experienced and have the knowledge and skills to provide a number of different ways to reach your goal of getting back to your normal self again.
On your first visit...
- It begins with a full interview and physical therapy examination.
- Afterwards the therapist will explain to you in English, not medical jargon, where the cause of your problem is coming from.
- YOUR GOALS and YOUR EXPECTATIONS will be discussed and agreed upon.
- Considering those goals, you will learn what successful treatment looks like.
- You and the therapist will discuss this plan and work together to resolve your pain and get you back to your normal self again.
Common conditions we treat:
- Back Pain
- Lumbar sprains/strains
- Herniated or Bulging Disc (HNP)
- Degenerative Disc Disease (DDD)
- Spinal Stenosis
- Sciatica and leg pain
- Facet pain
- Compression fractures
- Post surgical rehabilitation